A tiny utility library for building reactive state-based UI.
Reef is a simpler alternative to React, Vue, and other UI libraries. No build steps. No fancy syntax. Just vanilla JS and a few small utility functions.
🔥 Cyber Monday Sale (extended)! This week only, save 50% on Lean Web Club membership, private coaching, and all of my courses and workshops.
- Weighs just 2.6kb minified and gzipped, with zero dependencies.
- Load it with a
<script>element or ES module import—no command line or transpiling required (though you can if you want).
- Uses DOM diffing to update only the things that have changed.
- Automatically sanitizes HTML before rendering to help protect you from cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Write vanilla JS, and use a few small utility methods only when they’re needed.
- Compatible with all modern browsers.
Make web development fun and simple again!
Hi, I'm Chris Ferdinandi. 👋
Get Daily Developer Tips
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.